Wake Forest University is a private, coeducational, liberal arts and research university.
Wake Forest enrolls approximately 4,500 undergraduate students from all 50 states and over 76 nations. All students pursue a rigorous liberal arts curriculum in humanities, fine arts, social science, math, and natural science.
Wake Forest subscribes to the teacher-scholar model, with a faculty committed to working closely with students. As a testament to those efforts, Wake Forest was just ranked 5th for Best Undergraduate Teaching. The student-to-teacher ratio is 10:1, the average class size is 20 and all classes are taught by members of the faculty.
The most selected majors for 2016 are business, political science, economics, biology, communication and psychology. New for the class of 2017 is our engineering program that focuses on the biomedical sciences.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 28%
- Average ACT range: 28-32
- Average SAT range: 1270-1320
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; Languages; Liberal Arts; Mathematics; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.wfu.edu/academics/majors/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $60,242
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball