As a small, residential liberal arts college in Eastern Washington's Walla Walla, Whitman has what it takes to provide an education that goes beyond the classroom.
Whitties are scholars, but also explorers and scientists. They climb mountains, travel to far-off corners and advocate for social justice. They care about community and aim to become citizens of the world.
A Whitman education is rooted in the traditional liberal arts values like critical thought and academic rigor. With prestigious internships, off-campus study and civic engagement opportunities, it becomes more than the sum of its parts. The Whitman experience transforms, allowing students to turn education into life.
- Region: West
- Location: Walla Walla, Washington
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 50%
- Average ACT range: 29-32
- Average SAT range: 1920-2210 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; Humanities; History; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
Full list of majors available: https://www.whitman.edu/academics/departments-and-programs
- International students are eligible for: Need-based financial aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $63, 704
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Soccer/football; Women's Soccer/football; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball