Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) is a highly selective university in Massachusetts, offering degrees in sciences, engineering, computer science, business management and the liberal arts.
Our motto is “Theory and Practice” and our students learn best by doing. Our outstanding faculty and facilities support the WPI plan, a challenging academic program that emphasizes professional level project work aimed at solving real world problems, both on-campus and around the globe.
WPI enrolls over 4,000 undergraduate and over 1,800 graduate students, including 520 international students from 70 different countries. The university boasts a 13:1 student to faculty ratio.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT range: 28-31
- Average SAT range: 1800-2030 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Architecture; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; Liberal Arts; Management; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Physics; Psychology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.wpi.edu/academics/study
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship; need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $64,100
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling