CV and Employment Opportunities

Employers are increasingly looking for graduates with international experience and broad skill sets.  

International students in the USA can gain work experience through employment opportunities on campus and by completing internships during the holidays, sometimes for academic credit.

After graduating, you can apply for an Optional Practical Training (OPT) work permit. This allows you to work in the USA for up to one year after your US degree, or up to three years for STEM graduates.

Upon your return to the UK, you may find that your international study experience is particularly appealing to employers.