We have over 200 alumni accessing $50 million in funding at some of the best universities in the world. Why not join them?
The Sutton Trust US Programme helps underprivileged British state school students apply to American universities through support, advice and a one-week summer school in the USA.
Past summer schools have been hosted by Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Yale University.
It is free to take part in the programme.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be in Year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland) or Year 13 (Northern Ireland)
- Attend a state school or college
- Have excellent GCSEs or S4 qualifications
- Be from a low income family (generally, this will mean a household earning £45,000 or less)
- Not hold US citizenship
We encourage applications from students who are:
- Interested in US culture and higher education
- In the first generation of your family to go to university
We open applications to the programme every November, with deadlines falling in late January or early February.
For more information, please visit the Sutton Trust US Programme website.