- Fulbright Awards
- Study in the USA
- News & Events
- Resources For
Check out our 2016 winners!
1. Academics Winner - (Emma, Harvard Graduate School of Education)
2. Dorm Life Winner - (University of Texas at Austin)
3. Club & Activites Winner - (Tanpreet, Washington and Lee University)
4. Geography Winner - (Holly, San Diego State University)
Capture university life in America!
Enter Fulbright's photo contest, and you could help encourage future UK students to study in the US, share some of your best memories - and have the chance to win £50!
The US-UK Fulbright Commission and EducationUSA are inviting you to participate in a photo contest as part of our efforts to promote US-UK exchange. Show us what American college life looks like on your campus and how your experience has been memorable.
Is it a photo of classes, friends, landscapes, sports, arts, traditions - all of the above? Be creative, and have fun!
How is your university in the US special? What absolutely took your breath away? We want to see how you enjoy your time in the US and we’re sure others do too.
1) Academics – Do you have a professor that changed your life, a study group that’s also your best friend group, or did you get to know your corner of the library better than anyone else? Show us how you learned at university, no matter the lessons big or small.
2) Dorm & Campus Life – Was there a weekly pickup football game out on the green, did you go to quiz bowl nights, or just hang out in the cosiest corner of your dorm room? We want to know what made your day-to-day experiences richer, whether it’s with friends or in peaceful solitude.
3) Clubs & Activities – Maybe you won a prize at an academic conference, had the opportunity to travel to another city or region, or maybe you just bonded with your weekly discussion club. US universities offer thousands of clubs and they’re all worth sharing, so share them with us.
4) Geography & Settings – Did you have leafy bright autumn paths to walk through, grand rocky mountains imposing every pane of view, or did you travel somewhere that simply took your breath away? The US offers vistas even where one never expects to see them. Show us your favourite city skyline, rolling fields, crashing ocean, etc. so anybody can see and share in the wonderment!
Prize: The winners in each category of the contest will have their photo featured on the US-UK Fulbright Commission's website. These winners will also receive £50.
All entries are also considered to be included in Fulbright’s marketing and promotion.
Eligibility: UK citizens, who have completed or are currently completing a full university degree in the US, or any students who have studied in the US for a semester/year as part of a degree from a UK university, are eligible. Entrants must be 18 years or older and have been enrolled at a US university within the past two years.
Only one submission per category (up to a total of four submissions) is permissible per person. Photos must have been taken within the last two years. Only the submissions that have an accompanying completed publication consent form will be eligible.
Submissions that are deemed inappropriate will not be considered, so use common sense!
Deadline: the spring 2016 photo contest is now closed. The 2017 competition will open in January.