Global Challenges Teaching Award - Pandemics
The COVID-19 pandemic rippled across the globe transforming lives in every corner.
Do you run an undergraduate class at a US or UK university that speaks directly to the pressing question of pandemics? Find out more about what this Award can do for you to expand the reach of your teaching for one of your existing classes.
The events of the last eighteen months have made clear the importance of building global strategies around pandemics and educating future leaders who can approach public health from a global perspective. Pandemics are a global problem and we need to develop global citizens who can work together.
The Global Challenges Teaching Award in Pandemics will support a pair of teaching faculty – one at a US university, one at a UK University – to co-deliver a virtual exchange programme on pandemics and public health.
A successful application will receive:
- An honorarium of $5000/£3750 for the awardee (faculty member). This can be spent however faculty see fit and can be used to support Teaching Assistant travel. The honorarium will be paid out in two payments, the first at the start of the training, the second on completion of the training.
- A technical support fee of $2500/£2000 for the awardee’s higher education institution. This will be payable on completion of the training
- Travel for the awardee and a member of administrative staff to the US/UK to visit their partner institution, up to a value of $5600/£4000
To submit an application you must meet the following criteria:
- You are currently teaching an undergraduate class that relates to pandemics
- You must be able to demonstrate support of your home university
Rather than creating a new course from scratch, we're asking that an existing class that you currently teach be adapted for co-teaching. Co-teaching with a US or UK counterpart across the Atlantic would take place as a virtual exchange.
This year's application cycle is now closed.
If you would like to discuss a future application for the next award cycle, please email us.