Applications are currently closed.
1. Review the UK-specific application information:
2. Complete an online application, using the link in the application instructions. The online application includes:
- Biographical information
- Academic, professional and extracurricular accomplishments
- Study/Research Objective
- Personal statement
- Details of the US institution(s) to which you will apply (if you are applying through Independent Placement)
- Three referee nominations
The online application requires you to upload the following required documents:
- Scanned passport photo page
- Official final and/or interim transcripts
- US university admission letter (if applicable)
- Creative writing or artwork sample (if applicable)
3. Complete the separate online US-UK Fulbright Commission Supplemental Form. You can access the form here. The link is also available in the Application Instructions.
This is a required part of the application for all applicants, and your application will be considered incomplete without it.
3a. If you are submitting an application with a 2:2 undergraduate result, you must additionally complete the 2:2 Undergraduate Result Form. The link is also available in the Application Instructions.
We may accept applications from individuals with a 2:2 overall result in some exceptional cases. We will evaluate these applications separately and on a case by case basis will determine if the application will be included in the competition.
4. You must make a separate application to your chosen US institution(s), the timeline and deadlines for which will vary from the Fulbright application unless you select the IIE placement track. In this case you will work with an IIE Advisor should you be successful at the interview stage.
If you have chosen the self-placed track, University and graduate programme application guidance is available from our EducationUSA advising centre. You do not need to have applied to a US university before submitting your Fulbright application, but must receive an offer of admissions from the institution(s) nominated in your proposal to receive your Fulbright grant if successful.