The Study of the US Institutes application instructions
We are looking for applicants from a broad range of backgrounds, who have had little opportunity to immerse themselves in a different culture.
The best applications are from well-rounded students who can demonstrate:
- Strong academic ability
- Ambassadorial skills
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Genuine desire to learn more about the US and to share aspects of British culture
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Leadership potential
- Plans to further the Fulbright mission and give back to the UK upon returning.
Applicants should follow the steps outlined below.
- Read the FAQs and terms and conditions.
- Apply online and upload a transcript to the application form as a PDF (official transcripts are preferred).
- Select two references and enter their email addresses into the application. They should receive a notification message that will lead them to their own online portal to submit a reference letter.
The application form must be completed, with transcript attached, and submitted before the deadline. Your references should also submit your letters before the deadline or your application will be incomplete. An application will not be considered completed if any of these items are missing or submitted late.
Ready to apply? Complete your online application here.
Finalists will be invited to interview in January. Interviews are by video conference call and can only be rescheduled under extreme circumstances.
Please see the timeline for an overview of application status notifications. The Fulbright Commission cannot comment or provide feedback on individual applications.