Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centres focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century. Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 21%
- Average ACT range: 30-34
- Average SAT range: 1330-1490
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Architecture; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Economics; Engineering; Geology; History; International Relations; Management; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Physics; Psychology; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.gatech.edu/academics
- International students are eligible for: merit-based scholarships (UK citizens)
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $50,270
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Golf; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball