Located in the coastal community of Huntington Beach in Southern California, also know as Surf City USA, Golden West College (GWC) excels in preparing our students for transfer admission to top-notch schools in California.
GWC is a medium-size, two-year public college serving over 10,000 students. GWC offers excellent academic and career focused programs in STEM, Business, Arts and many more. Many of our graduates transfer to California State University (CSU) and the University of California (UC) campuses, as well as other private schools.
- Region: West
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public, Community college
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 99%
- Average ACT score: N/A
- Average SAT score: N/A
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance, Anthropology, Art History, Arts, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Dance, Design, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Education, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Gender Studies, Geography, History, Humanities, Information Sciences/Systems, Languages, Liberal Arts, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Music, Nursing, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.goldenwestcollege.edu/academics/index.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit based scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $24,787