MICA is a leader in the education of artists and designers by fostering a community of talented, creative individuals committed to redefining the boundaries of art and design and to expanding their own vision and perspective through rigorous study.
Built on almost 200 years of tradition, the College continues to re-imagine the possibilities of art and design education through a variety of cutting-edge programs.
All our students are immersed in a balanced study that emphasizes creativity, innovation, whole person development, and career preparation. MICA's groundbreaking programs prepare our students to apply their creative problem-solving skills to the fields of design, health, business, education, film, curatorial practice, architecture, data visualization, entertainment, and environmental sustainability.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT: 21-29
- Average SAT: 1060-1240 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Architecture; Arts; Art History;Design; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Humanities; Liberal Arts; Fine Art: Painting, Drawing, Ceramics, Interdisciplinary Sculpture, Photography, Printing making, Fiber; Design: Animation, Game Design, Architecture, Graphic Design, Illustration, Product Design, Interactive Arts, Film and Video
- Full list of majors available: https://www.mica.edu/Programs_of_Study/Undergraduate_Programs.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $74,560
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: N/A
- Varsity sports: None offered