From its proud history spanning more than two centuries, Middlebury College has emerged as one of a handful of the most highly regarded liberal arts colleges. Middlebury is unique among these schools in being a classic liberal arts college that also offers graduate and specialized programs operating around the world.
Coeducational and founded in 1800, it awards the Bachelor of Arts degree through 47 departments. The 2,500 undergraduates come from more than 70 countries to study under a distinguished faculty in a ratio of 8:1.
Because nearly two thirds of Middlebury students study abroad during their college years and because international and foreign language studies are among Middlebury’s special strengths, the campus atmosphere is remarkably global.
Other recognized strengths include the sciences, pre-professional programs, writing, literature and the oldest environmental studies program in the USA. Admission is highly competitive, and financial aid is awarded to students based on their demonstrated need.
- Admissions email address: email@example.com
- University website: http://www.middlebury.edu
- Visit virtually: https://www.middlebury.edu/college/admissions/visit-us
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Middlebury, Vermont
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 16%
- Average ACT range: 32-34
- Average SAT range: 1420-1470
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Architecture; Art History; Biology; Computer Science; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; International Relations; Languages; Literature; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $76,820
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Golf; Men's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Skiing; Women's Skiing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball