UC Berkeley Summer Sessions is committed to offering high quality, innovative academic courses, and experiential education opportunities during the summer.
By opening our doors to visiting students and continuing our service to UC Berkeley students, we support the University’s goals of educating a broad and diverse student population. Our programs include the International Dual Degree programs, the Global Edge program for freshmen, and a summer Pre-College program for continuing high school students. To learn more about how you earn academic credit and experience university life at UC Berkeley visit our Summer Sessions website.
- Region: West
- Location: Berkeley, California
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 14%
- Average ACT score: 28-33
- Average SAT score: 1415-1600
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance, Agriculture, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Area Studies, Art History, Arts, Astronomy, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dance, Design, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Education, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Film/Cinema Studies, Fisheries, Forestry, Gender Studies, Genetics, Geography, Geology, History, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Humanities, Information Sciences/Systems, International Relations, Journalism, Labour/Industrial Relations, Languages, Law, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Meteorology, Military Sciences, Museum Studies, Music, Neuroscience, Nursing, Nutrition, Oceonography, Palaeontology, Pharmacology, Philosophy, Physics, Physiology, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Public Relations/Affairs, Social Work, Sociology, Theology/Religion, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Veterinary Medicine, Zoology
- Full list of majors available: http://summer.berkeley.edu/courses/courses-list
- Estimated cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $24,000. Please note, fees vary by program.
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football, Men's Athletics / Track and Field, Women's Athletics / Track and field, Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Women's Bowling, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Men's Fencing, Women's Field Hockey, Men's Football / Soccer, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Men's Gymnastics, Women's Gymnastics, Men's Lacrosse, Women's Lacrosse, Men's Rowing, Women's Rowing, Women's Rugby, Men's Swimming and Diving, Women''s Swimming and Diving, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Men's Volleyball, Women's Volleyball, Men's Water Polo, Women's Water Polo, Men's Wrestling, Women's Wrestling