If you choose to study in the USA, it’s important your degree is recognised and accredited to be of a standard comparable to those in the UK.
Higher education institutions in the US are accredited by several national and regional organisations. The two national accreditation bodies are:
- US Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education
- Council of Higher Education Accreditation
And the six regional accreditation bodies are:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission, for the Midwest (formerly the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
This map can help you identify the correct regional accreditation body for the university you have chosen.