Northwestern University is located 12 miles north of downtown Chicago on the shore of Lake Michigan in the urban college town of Evanston, Illinois. The diverse undergraduate population comprises around 8000 students from over 95 countries.
Northwestern is located in Evanston, Illinois, on a lakeside campus 5 kilometers from Chicago.
Northwestern puts a strong emphasis on teaching its 8,000 undergraduates: our student-to-faculty ratio is 6:1, and 80% of courses enroll under 20 students. Our students come from 95 countries and bring diverse ideas and backgrounds to campus.
Northwestern’s 6 undergraduate schools offer 199 programs of study in arts and sciences, engineering, communication, journalism, education and social policy, and music. Programs span traditional liberal studies disciplines but also include specialized concentrations: business, theatre, data science, entrepreneurship, legal studies, and integrated marketing.
- Admissions email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University admissions website: https://admissions.northwestern.edu/
- Virtual tour: https://admissions.northwestern.edu/visit/experience/virtual-tour
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Evanston, Illinois
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 9.3% (Class of 2024)
- Average ACT range: Admitted students middle 50% scores composite: 32-35
- Average SAT range: combined Critical Reading and Math: 1440-1550
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Linguistics; Literature; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.northwestern.edu/academics/undergraduate-a-to-z.html
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $89,307
- Additional financial aid information: Need-aware admission policy for international citizens; meet full demonstrated financial need for all admitted students with loan-free aid packages
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Women's Basketball; Men's Basketball; Women's Cross Country; Women's Fencing; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling